GRACE:

noun...1. seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

Grace Gardens is...

This blog's purpose is for me to keep a garden journal of sorts. To detail some of the things that I accomplish in the garden and a little of what I do in my home as well. It will also be a place where I will post the photos that I love to take so much. Maybe a place to post my overflowing of pictures that I particularly like or find artistic. Some posts will be wordy...and some may have no conversation at all. Just a post to bring back to mind a lovely day or a meaningful memory. I have disabled the comments on this blog, but feel free to e-mail me for any questions about what you see here. My e-mail address can be found in my profile.

Monday, February 2, 2015

last spring's garden - lilacs and peonies and others


I needed a little color in my life today so I decided to post some of last spring's garden
on this poor little neglected garden blog of mine.
Starting with some of the beautiful lilacs in the garden.
Posting these make me so excited for the lilacs to bloom once again.
I can imagine the smell of them right now while writing this.

 




  
  





bleeding hearts blooming in the secret garden 

Mock orange and a pretty early spring rose mingling together.  

 Watermelon poppies and Jupiter's Beard in the background.

Perennial foxglove along the front walk, with a clematis in bloom 
in the background.

Caesar's Brother siberian iris with variegated dogwood in the background.


I took so many peony photos last year that I wasn't able to post so I am sharing them here.
"Can't have too many peonies", I always say!


 








Friends in town always ask me if I am excited to get back into the garden
this year and my answer to them is always that I am grateful for the break that
winter allows me. I love this time to go over photos of it that I have taken 
throughout the summer and decide where I want to move a few things to.
I make lists of what needs divided and what needs to be moved and 
the plants I would love to add. 
I dream of a little playhouse for my granddaughters to be added somewhere, 
I would love to do it before they are all to old to have fun with it.
We'll see if it ever gets added to Grace Gardens and where.
I think I'll go draw up some plans right this minute!!!