GRACE:

noun...1. seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

Grace Gardens is...

This blog's purpose is for me to keep a garden journal of sorts. To detail some of the things that I accomplish in the garden and a little of what I do in my home as well. It will also be a place where I will post the photos that I love to take so much. Maybe a place to post my overflowing of pictures that I particularly like or find artistic. Some posts will be wordy...and some may have no conversation at all. Just a post to bring back to mind a lovely day or a meaningful memory. I have disabled the comments on this blog, but feel free to e-mail me for any questions about what you see here. My e-mail address can be found in my profile.

Monday, July 7, 2014

what a beautiful summer

Blooms in Grace Gardens in June. 
This clematis 'The President' is blooming out near the horse corrals now and 
all the roses in the same bed. 

 A view in the front garden

'Husker Red' penstemon- I love this plant!

 The Syringa (Idaho's state flower) otherwise known as Mock Orange has almost finished
it's bloom for the year. 

 Watermelon oriental poppy in one of the beds
 

Under the Red Jade crabapple blooms half of a John Cabot rose.
I'm surprised at how much this rose tolerates shade. A lot of this rose is under the tree and 
gets a little sun in the morning and yet it blooms so well.
 
 Another view from under the crab apple shows a few more blooms in a bed 
in the front of the garden.
You can see the weeping limbs of the Red Jade which becomes a large
wide canopy of green and covers much of the front bed.

I totally redid this bed last year and I'm so glad I did. It is lovely now. 
Half-way along this bed is a large arbor covered with a riverbank grape vine.
  
North of the arbor, this long bed continues and it is in full sun so this is where
many of the roses reside.
There are John Cabot (in the foreground of this photo) roses, William Baffin (in the background), 
a few Morden Blush, Bonica, and many more. 
This bed is about 100' feet long and is a barrier
from the busy highway we live along. The house sits back from the road
about 100' so there are many flower beds between.
It makes a wonderful buffer from road noise and gives us lots of privacy. 

 Henry Kelsey rose

 A young John Davis rose on the pasture fence.

 I think I'm going to really like this rose!
  

 Colette rose

 Some tall delphiums along the back fence. 

  
 roses along the house
  Blaze and Flutterbye
  and another Colette


 peachleaf bellflower (campanula) 
 
next to a gazebo steps