GRACE:

noun...1. seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

Grace Gardens is...

This blog's purpose is for me to keep a garden journal of sorts. To detail some of the things that I accomplish in the garden and a little of what I do in my home as well. It will also be a place where I will post the photos that I love to take so much. Maybe a place to post my overflowing of pictures that I particularly like or find artistic. Some posts will be wordy...and some may have no conversation at all. Just a post to bring back to mind a lovely day or a meaningful memory. I have disabled the comments on this blog, but feel free to e-mail me for any questions about what you see here. My e-mail address can be found in my profile.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Finally!!!!!


The lilacs are blooming!!!



Now Spring is finally here in Idaho!
(here in my area anyway)




As I sit here typing this I can see many of my lilacs from this window.
I took a few pictures of the row we have behind our house near the little pasture we
have in the rear of the property.

The shed you see in the background is my husband's tack shed.
Above the door I put a sign 'The Cowboy'
Dale shoes horses as a part time job and this is where you will find
him a lot of the Summer.



This lilac is 'President Lincoln'
I ADORE the color of this bloom.
It may not be as showy as some of the doubles I have,
but the color makes up for any deficiency in it's petal size.



It's fragrance is amazing!




It is the first lilac I planted here.
I was working in a plant nursery at the time I planted this garden and in the Spring
as I was walking amid the hundreds of lilacs we had there, this one is the one I fell in love with.
It's color is so unique.






This is a double bloom I love too.
For the life of me I can't remember it's name and haven't been able to find the plant tag.
I save all of the tree and shrub plant tags, but this one is not among them.




The best thing this lilac has going for it is it's fragrance. It is unforgettable.
The entire garden smells like Heaven right now.







This lilac is "Sensation'
Very little fragrance with this variety, but I love the white rimmed petals.
I is a very beautiful bloom.






This lilac is 'Primrose'

This sits along the top of our long driveway.
This lilac was a sorry looking plant when I bought it and remained that way for a couple of years.
 The third Winter after I had planted it, Dale ran over it with the snowplow.
I thought it was a goner, but from that point on it flourished and now
is larger than any of the lilacs on the place.








I love the hint of yellow in the bloom.





Last year this bush didn't bloom well, but is making up for it this Spring.




Now,
I got a little carried away with taking pictures of the Centurion crab apples.

A lot of photos here.












I am crazy over the bloom on this crab apple!!!




You cannot believe the smell that this spreads throughout the entire property.




A very homely shaped tree though.





But I will definitely forgive it  for it's ugliness when it puts on this show in the Spring
and feeds so many birds during Winter.












Yep...I went a little crazy!







But they are gone too soon.

This way I can keep coming back to this post and remember why I love this
'ugly duckling' so much.




I have so many more lilacs blooming and will be back to share more of the reasons I garden!!!