GRACE:

noun...1. seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

Grace Gardens is...

This blog's purpose is for me to keep a garden journal of sorts. To detail some of the things that I accomplish in the garden and a little of what I do in my home as well. It will also be a place where I will post the photos that I love to take so much. Maybe a place to post my overflowing of pictures that I particularly like or find artistic. Some posts will be wordy...and some may have no conversation at all. Just a post to bring back to mind a lovely day or a meaningful memory. I have disabled the comments on this blog, but feel free to e-mail me for any questions about what you see here. My e-mail address can be found in my profile.

Monday, April 11, 2011

A little photo shoot with a willing subject!


An early day in March, I went to the market and picked up some
cheery pink tulips and brought them home to brighten up the house.

I can't remember a darker February than the one we had just endured.
Usually we have more sun during this month.
Not so in 2011.














Thankfully we live in a day where these can be found at almost any grocery store.




"If thou hast two loaves of bread then sell one and buy flowers,
for although the bread will nourish the body,
the flowers will nourish thy soul."

Needless to say,
I only came home with one loaf of bread.