GRACE:

noun...1. seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

Grace Gardens is...

This blog's purpose is for me to keep a garden journal of sorts. To detail some of the things that I accomplish in the garden and a little of what I do in my home as well. It will also be a place where I will post the photos that I love to take so much. Maybe a place to post my overflowing of pictures that I particularly like or find artistic. Some posts will be wordy...and some may have no conversation at all. Just a post to bring back to mind a lovely day or a meaningful memory. I have disabled the comments on this blog, but feel free to e-mail me for any questions about what you see here. My e-mail address can be found in my profile.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Late Summer's garden.

One plant in the late Summer garden that I can't have enough of is
the oriental lily.
I have many different varieties and am always looking for more.
They can be costly however, so I have to keep myself reined in a bit.

These are the Stargazers.










My favorite is the Casa Blanca.
It is my favorite not only because of it's pure white bloom, but
also for it's fragrance. 
These are planted along the walk and the scent follows you all the way to the front door.








Now is the time when the garden phlox bloom.
They have actually been blooming for about two weeks, 
but I am just now getting around to posting the pictures.


I can't think of the name of this particular phlox, but I love the color.




This phlox is 'Bright Eyes'.







More of the phlox in the garden beds this season.



















My mother gave me the rose below and it is one of my favorites.
It's name is 'Moxie'




The shrub below is 'Ivory Halo' dogwood. 
It has a variegated leaf and is the right size to place in a mixed border.




The sweet peas are still keeping the garden full of their wonderful sweet scent.








A gorgeous late blooming daylily.




Amazing color and scent!



 Because the garden will not be blooming forever, I am soaking all this beauty
 in and enjoying every bloom.
Still, everyday I feel so grateful to have all of this out my door
and never ever take it for granted.
Gardening is such a joy!